Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Go On, Cry Wolf.

Relationships, to me, are like swinging doors. It's open, or it's closed, and you get very little in between. If you happen to get caught in between in those few seconds as the door retreats to its frame, at an inopportune time, you just might find yourself with a few bruised fingers.

I'm open or I'm closed. Making new friends is terrifying. It takes a while to pry me open, and there's a very slim window for when a person can come in. But when do I let you in, then you get the full force of exactly who I am--love it or hate it, I 'll give you my all. Luckily, I find that most people who bothered to break down my strange exterior, love who they meet on the other side--even with the craziness and moodiness that come with. And I wish they knew just how much I appreciate that. So apart from them, I'm closed to everyone else. I put on a smile and I'll act really nice, but mostly because I like to be polite. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them either. The bother is I'm never truly comfortable with them, ergo, I'm never completely myself.

Then there's those who I've already let in, and yet, they chose to pry from the inside, out. It takes a while for those doors to budge because once I care about someone, I don't let go of them easily. But if they force themselves out, and the door closes behind them-- it stays shut.


I had a lot more to say, but realized that it's pointless to go through the trouble.

Cheers!

-jejecola-

0 comments: