Thursday, January 20, 2011

Here's To The Past...

for it gave me this present.





7 Dwarves. That's what we called ourselves.

Once upon a time we were just a bunch of oblivious freshmen just trying to fit in. And for a while, a good long while, 'the 7 dwarves' was a place we could feel at home in a world that was completely new to us.It felt wonderful to have people to doubt with, people to be scared with, people to laugh with, people to go crazy with.

And I think of what used to be fondly.



It's amazing how much can change in a year. For better or for worse, I guess I can't say for sure. We're all still friends, but there's no denying the rifts that have formed among us. To us who know how the stories go, I need not recount the pain. For those who don't, all I can say is this: Sometimes people just grow apart.

Today, I think was the first time that original group sat in the same table for the same purpose. We are all different people now. The familiarity is something I've certainly missed, but there's just no turning back time.

Sometimes, I really wish I could though.

Because truth be told, I miss you.








I can't say it was all bad though because after all, I ended up with this bunch:



They're my new comfort zone.

Funny thing too, because if you had asked me a year ago, I'd have least expected those two to manage to seep their way into my heart. Heck! I didn't know that the other one even existed!

Then again, who's to say that in another year's time, this won't just be another old photograph. How can I be certain that it won't be merely a memory of people I used to call my best friends. There's no telling what life will bring.

But one thing's for sure--

I'm holding on for dear life and I'm not letting them go without a fight.



Cheers!

-jejecola-

0 comments: