Monday, September 20, 2010

How A Bad Day Ends - Poem

Today was terrible. And as I react to every bad day, I become a thoughtless, cranky mad man. You'll see how angry I become. You'll see how easily I lose hope. How easily I crumble to depression. The part of the poem that's full of angst, I wrote on the walk home. After I let off some steam, I get home regaining a bit of common sense. I couldn't very well let all that angry poetry go to waste,so I decided to write back to my angry self. You'll see the shift in my mood. And how uncharacteristically optimistic I become.( I swear, I'm bipolar!) And this is usually what happens when I've cooled down. I hope you enjoy it. :)

How A Bad Day Ends
By: Jessamine Cola

If I now I just stopped breathing
I’m going straight to hell
And this world will soon follow
As far as I can tell

I don’t believe in friendship
Nor in good and honest work
Love is only actual,
When it comes with mundane perks

I’ve been stripped of my morals
I’ve come to learn to hate
My body’s slowly dying
My ethereal soul mutates

My life has lost all meaning
My God has been replaced
By guises of the devil
Yet I run to them in haste

Time will wait for no one
And certainly not for me
My future’s morphing into
One colossal tragedy

I bear not the ability
To create change in my routine
The extent of my efforts
Is but a muffled scream

Eyes closed, I dive backwards
And free fall into spite
Of everything I’m doing wrong
And inability to make them right

I’m lacking in courage
I’m lacking in strength
To deny my apathy
And make concrete my intents

I live in my daydreams
For my real life, I can’t stand
If only wishes did come true
You had life at your command

But life isn’t just a slab of clay
You mould to your delight
It is the foolish man who makes
A mountain for every hill in sight

Don’t dare talk of injustice
For justice has been paid
Unless the justice that you seek
Is in a passing grade

Your faults are yours and no one else’s
So lower your pointed finger
Get mad, and shout, and swear if must
Then let no bad feeling linger

You can rant all day about people you hate
of the things you must do that you despise
But that only means, you must slave the night
For Ra’s chariot will soon cross the skies

Leave your frustrations at the tip of your pen
And drown them in the blackness of ink
Today will be one of many bad days
But good days number far more than you think

Look back when you’re older
Look back when you’re wise
Look back when you’ve found
Courage and strength in your stride

The clumsiness of your youth
Will be a thing of the past
But it’s no easy road
Get your act together, fast!

I wish you well, friend
That tomorrow will bring
A day that falls under “good”
One with a smile to share and a song to sing
So perhaps you’ll write of brighter things :)


-don't forget to leave a comment! :D-
Cheers!

-jessaminecola-

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

see what anger can do. O.O
and yeah, you've finally let those poetic figures out as you go - their becoming increasingly cryptic is their way of showing they've gone wild.


the best part? this made me feel so much better. was suddenly wobbly tonight.