Saturday, September 18, 2010

Poem :)

Forgive me for the title, for title's i cannot make. It's worse than my shallow poetry but nothing like my prose ;)

The Modern Meaning of Love
By: Jessamine Cola

Were love and friendship fleeting
Were romance tied with lust
Were lovers unbelieving
Then I should leave, I must

Were soul mates only fiction
Were courtship but a game
Were sex just an addiction
Then I should go insane

Did true love only triumph
And lovers learned to wait
Did vows retain their meaning
And trust was no debate

Had hearts been saved from breaking
Had promises been kept
“I love you,” not a saying
But meant with profound depth

I simply cannot swallow
What love has now become
We’re walking shells so hollow
I cannot stay, I’ll run

But there are those exceptions
That stop me in my step
Give hope to a revival
And take a chance , instead

This world may not be perfect
This world may be perverse
But somewhere in the hearts of men
Love was planted first

Before it was corrupted
Before its meaning bent
There was a time, it triumphed,
Perhaps, it will again

0 comments: